Pat graduated from UCC in 1993 and had completed the Irish Surgical Trauma and Orthopaedic training scheme by 2004. Following this, he travelled to Sydney where he completed his first fellowship in the The Children’s Hospital Westmead. In 2005, he returned closer to home to complete a second fellowship in Nottingham in the Centre for Spinal Surgery and the following year was appointed a Consultant of Spinal Surgery. In 2007, he returned to The Children’s Hospital Westmead as a Consultant surgeon, but soon after was offered a position in Our Ladies Children’s Hospital Crumlin and the National Children’s Hospital Tallaght.
Today, Pat operates in Crumlin Children’s Hospital, AMNCH, Santry Sports Clinic and The Blackrock Clinic. He specialises in spinal deformity, hips, sports injury and paediatric and adolescent orthopaedic surgery, with a particular interest in minimally invasive techniques.
Pat co-founded the charity in 2011.
Paediatric Orthopaedic surgery, Paediatric and adolescent sports injury, Minimally invasive hip surgery and hip replacement, Minimally invasive spinal surgery, Spinal deformity surgery (adult and paediatric).
Our Lady’s Childrens Hospital, Crumlin. AMNCH, Tallaght. Beacon Hospital. Blackrock Clinic. Sports Surgery Clinic, Dublin.
- Undergraduate M.B. BCh BAO – UCC Cork 1993
- Postgraduate Irish Higher Surgical Training Scheme in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery 1999 – 2004
- Fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery: The Children’s Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Fellowship in Spinal surgery 2005-2006: Centre for Spinal surgery, QMC, Nottingham, UK
- Consultant in Spinal surgery 2006: Centre for Spinal surgery, QMC, Nottingham, UK
- Consultant in Paediatric, Orthopaedic and Spinal surgery 2007: The Children’s Hospital, Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Course Co-Director. Instructional Course Paediatric Orthopaedic surgery. Dublin, Ireland, October 2009.
- Faculty Instructor, MAST (Minimal Access Spinal Technology). Minimally invasive spinal surgery. Brussels, Belgium, May 2009.
- Faculty. MAST Users metting. Vienna, Austria, November 2009.
- Course Co-Director RCSI Charter Day. Course in Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery. Dublin, Ireland, February 2009.
- Faculty Instructor. MAST Laboratory Course. Leiden, Netherlands, February 2010.
MB, BCh, BAO, FRCSI, FRCSI (Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery)
Specialising in Paediatric Orthopaedic surgery , Paediatric and adolescent sports injury, Minimally invasive hip surgery and hip replacement, Minimally invasive spinal surgery, Spinal deformity surgery.